Everything that Barbara posted is basically how we are approaching the
issue.  We have also had reported cases in our district and we have
installed hand-cleaner for the librarians / assistants in our
libraries and we are using Clorox, Lysol, and the clorox wipes for
computer keyboards, counters, circulation desks, tables, and door
handles.  There are janitors cleaning the doors, tables, bathrooms,
etc. twice a day (while we are at school) and a new cleaning takes
place in the evening (I know this only because I stayed late one
evening and saw the procedures of cleaning the same things that were
cleaned during the day).

We are definitely reminding students and parents how to take care of
open sores, to wash hands, not share towels, etc.  The basics have
been shared...it's all up to those who have the responsibility to take
care of themselves.  In the meantime, I'm trying to provide the
librarians with the resources that they need to clean when they need
to during the day.

(In reality, what we are doing as a "group" is nothing different from
what I've always done during the cold and flu season each year....it's
common sense, especially if you've ever worked in an elementary school
with lots of cute but "snotty" kids hugging you all day!!  Common
sense, vitamin C, and lots of Lysol!!)  *grin*

~Shonda
--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS
District Librarian