Thanks to all the folks who responded to my question about MRSA. Most of the
group know what we have decided to do at my school. Tonight the school is
supposed to be cleaned thoroughly by the custodians. Tomorrow, the library
and labs will be closed in the morning until we can do a thorough cleaning
of the keyboards, mice, etc. Based on most of the responses, I will probably
not do anything special with the books, although one response did say that
they clean all books with alcohol when they are checked in. Since my post I
have heard from multiple sources that this MRSA thing is overblown by the
media and is not really the threat that people seem to think it is.
Overwhelmingly, people suggested having containers of hand sanitizer readily
available and making sure everyone washes their hands regularly. I plan to
place a few hand sanitizer pumps in strategic locations in the library and
labs. Thanks for the help everyone.

Marsha Redd
Librarian, Kelloggsville High School
Grand Rapids, MI
marsharedd@hotmail.com
Education is not a goal; it is a life-long process. Everyone is a student.
Everyone is a teacher.