Hi everyone.  Thank you for the many helpful responses I received to my
request below.

Stephen Krashen and his book “The Power of Reading: Insights from the
Research” were recommended by most people I heard from.

Other suggestions were as follows:

*       Frank Serafini
*        <http://susanohanian.org/show_research.html?id=48>
http://susanohanian.org/show_research.html?id=48
*       “Michael Gurian, Bill Brozo, and Jon Scieszka have chimed in on
letting
*       boys, especially, choose materials that are interesting to them.”
*       Nancy Atwell's books “The Reading Zone” and “In the Middle”
*        <http://www.sdkrashen.com/handouts/88Generalizations/index.html>
http://www.sdkrashen.com/handouts/88Generalizations/index.html
*       Jim Trelease's “Read Aloud Handbook”.
*       “How to get your child to love reading” / by Esmé Raji Codell
*        <http://www.sdkrashen.com/articles/pac5/all.html>
http://www.sdkrashen.com/articles/pac5/all.html

Davinna Artibey

Teacher Librarian