(Sept. 3, 2007). Other updates to American Indians in
Children's Literature this week are listed below:
http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com

Monday, August 27, 2007
Eugene Sekaquaptewa's COYOTE AND THE WINNOWING
BIRDS

September 3, 2007
New Study: "...Exploring How Indians and Non-Indians Think
about Each Other

Note, too, comments to my post on Wed, August 22, in which
one individual notes that the book is incorrectly shelved in the
biography section of their library, and, another individual who
notes that Barnes and Noble has it in their "Native American
Studies" section. Both individuals have pointed out the problem
to managers...  Taking time to do that is important! We should
all be active in that way.  So.... where does YOUR library
have EDUCATION OF LITTLE TREE shelved?

Debbie

Debbie A. Reese (Nambé Pueblo)
Assistant Professor, American Indian Studies
Native American House, Room 2005
1204 West Nevada Street, MC-138
Urbana, Illinois 61801

Email: debreese@uiuc.edu