Hi LM_Netters,

After the glitches I had importing patrons/passwords (student ID #) via
Excel spreadsheet last year (first year running the program) for RC 3.0,
I thought I would ask in advance for tips on how to do this more
smoothly.

I still have last year's class setups and now RC is asking if I want to
begin a new school year and advance all users to the next grade level.

Last year I was able to export all my patrons from our Destiny OPAC into
RC via an excel file; RC imported the name, ID, grade and teacher. There
were some teachers whose classes wouldn't import correctly, but most
classes did fine.

I'm at a 7/8 middle school, so half my kids are now gone from the
building, but I'd like to keep the quiz data on those 7th graders who
are moving up.

My question: Can I import just the new kids on a spreadsheet file while
moving the existing kids up one grade? Also, what about re-assigning all
the new 8th graders to their new classes, do I need to build entire new
class lists for these teachers?

Thanks in advance!

Pete Madden, Librarian
Centennial Middle School