Clear DayGood morning once again!   I received a few more response so am posting a
second hit.  Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions.  I so appreciate it.
Have a super day!  Please forgive me if I missed anyone.  It was not intentional.
Serena

Original Request:
I am working on a reading endorsement and need to do a presentation on the value of
interactive reading.  If any of you have any favorite interactive reading picture
books you use for KINDERGARTEN -FIRST GRADE only I would appreciate hearing from
you.  I would like to create a list of such titles and would definitely post a hit
if there is interest.  Thanks so much for your help and have a super day!

Sorry this is late,
I do John Phillip Duck by Patricia Pollacco and I play a snippit of John
Phillip Sousa music before I read and then after I play a whole song and we
march/quack around the library .
They love it.

I use:

Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

Click Clack Moo

Book! Book! Book! by Deborah Bruss

Aloha.  This week I have used two books with my K classes that the kids
have had a great time helping me with.  One is Polar Bear, Polar Bear,
Who do You Hear? by Martin, with Eric Carle illustrations. The other is
Clap Your Hands by Cauley.  My students left here very happy.

The K's like That's Good,  That's Bad by Margery Cuyler.  Whenever you say "That's
good."  They say "No that's bad" and the opposite--when you say "That's bad" they
say "No, that's good."  They have to listen carefully so they can give the correct
response.

I love Caps for Sale.  I use it with Kindergarten the beginning of each year.  I
turn the children into the monkeys and I am the peddler.  They can shake their
fingers at me and say TSK TSK, etc.  They can see me "pretend" to be mad and
imitate me and follow directions.  We look to the right - look to the left - look
behind the tree - etc.  It's the only book I have used for 24 years in a row!  They
always love it.

Also Marion Berkes books like over in the ocean..I have the kids call out
the number we are at.  Any book can be interactive.