From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]On Behalf Of LM_NET automatic digest
system
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 2:00 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: LM_NET Digest - 29 Sep 2007 to 30 Sep 2007 (#2007-652)

Topics of the day:

  1. WAY OT: Berber carpet and dogs
  2. Practic putting books in order
  3. Mothers & Daughters: Free online magazine subscription
  4. Elem: Book Bites for Kids
  5. GEN: Do you know this book?
  6. SHARE: link to AASL website
  7. TAR: Enthusiastic library parent problem

Date:    Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:00:45 -0400
From:    MOLLY CLARK <mclark2@PHOENIX.K12.NY.US>
Subject: WAY OT: Berber carpet and dogs

I am embarassed to be posting this to this forum, but I don't know how
else to ask a large group of people.

We need to replace the carpet in our home and wanted a berber.  The
carpet salesman said that it's not good for homes with dogs because
their claws can get caught in it.  The berber was the most expensive of
our choices, so I suppose I should take the salesman at his word.  (why
would he talk us out of the more expensive carpet?)  But I am having
trouble believing him.  I don't know anyone who has Berber and a dog, so
I'm asking you.  Has anyone had personal experience and can you tell me
about it? We have a three year old beagle.

I know this is a trivial question in the grand scheme of things, so feel
free to click delete.

Thanks in advance,

Molly Clark
Intermediate Librarian
Michael Maroun Elementary School
Phoenix, NY
mclark2@phoenix.k12.ny.us

"What a school thinks about its library, is a measure of what it thinks
about education."  Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education