From: School Library Media & Network Communications on behalf of Debbie Reese
Sent: Sun 9/30/2007 7:47 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Problems with BABAR'S WORLD TOUR

Good morning,

It is disheartening to come across---again---a
book published recently that suggests American
Indians no longer exist. This book, though, packs
some extra punch. It is BABAR'S WORLD TOUR.

I blogged about it on Thursday, September 27th.

Other posts this week include:

Monday, Sept 24
"The Indians crept closer and closer"
---Discussion of "The Indian Show" on I LOVE
LUCY, with specific reference to books about American Indians

Tuesday, Sept 25
"A Note from LeAnne Howe
--A note from my colleague, in response to
Monday's post about an episode of the I LOVE LUCY SHOW

Thursday, Sept 27
BABAR'S WORLD TOUR

To read the posts, go to
http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com
<http://americanindiansinchildrensliterature.blogspot.com/>

Have a good week,
Debbie

Debbie A. Reese (Nambé Pueblo)
Assistant Professor, American Indian Studies
Native American House, Room 2005
1204 West Nevada Street, MC-138
Urbana, Illinois 61801

Email: debreese@uiuc.edu