From: Toni Koontz <akoontz@CDEDUCATION.ORG>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:16:43 PM
Subject: Re: [LM_NET] TAR:What interesting thing do you keep at the circ desk

My library is a converted chapel and highly ornamented with stained glass windows,
the original altar, decorated arches,  a painted canvas ceiling of angels.  Because
of this I don't have a lot of space for other decorations.  The circ desk is pretty
bare because my assistant is there and she doesn't like stuff around.  Besides, the
boys always end up around my desk.

On my desk I have: an African Violet sitting under my Ottlite, bamboo stems in a
ceramic vase made by a former student in Art class (I need living things around
me), a small easel that I use to display interesting quotes or cartoons about
reading, libraries, character - currently "Do not footle lest you become a
flaneur", a toy cardinal that chirps when pressed (our mascot), a Nancy Pearl
action figure, a small statue of the Virgin Mary, an apple shaped stress ball, a
ceramic bunny that will be replaced next week with a hen and rooster in spring
outfits and in May with sports figures and other months with season appropriate
figurines.

Toni Koontz
Librarian
St. Charles Preparatory School
Columbus, Ohio
akoontz@cdeducation.org
Carpe Diem

Special deal for Yahoo! users & friends - No Cost. Get a month of Blockbuster Total
Access now