Thanks to everyone who responded. Not sure if I can convince the school to cough up
money for either PCounter or VendPrint, but we'll see.

Original request:

I'm having a problem with students pressing print several times if the printer does
not immediately spit out their projects. Does anyone know of a free or low-cost
software solution that would allow me to look at the print jobs and approve or deny
them before they print?