Thank you to everyone who wrote back with suggestions.  My query was,
"I am looking for the best way to have a constant display of images,
slides, or brief video clips running in the library.  What is your
choice and what else should I be aware of when implementing?"

And here are the responses - there was some repetition of a couple of
ideas, but the first four replies are distinctly different from each
other.  (With regard to #4 - I called the representative and even
though it's expensive, he offered a couple of perks to soften the
blow of the price tag.)

TECH: Target “Screen Show in Library”

1. I have a Power Point presentation that runs continuously via CCTV,
with the computer connected to the TV system via a converter, seems
like an AverVision Gold (?) product that we've had since 2002. We are
on spring break and I can't recall the exact name.

2. I read recently, I think it was from someone on this list, who
used a digital picture frame for this purpose. Marvelous idea I think.

3. I have 4 old computers that we run looping ppts on. 3 are book
reviews and one is going to be quotes. The kids love them. I was
going to burn the ppt in movie maker to a dvd to play on the large
tv, but can't figure out how to make it continuous. It runs just
once. One of our schools ran it with an LCD,but the principal almost
had a heart attack. She made her stop. Bulbs are too expensive.

4. We got a display screen called POP AdVisions. It displays our
daily announcements, word of the day, special events etc. Easy to
program. We love it. Contact:www.popadvisions.com 772-221-0537 1043
SW Willow Lane Palm City, FL 34990

5. I don't know if it would be large enough for you, but what about
the digital photo frames? One of my co-interns has been using one to
display book recommendations, etc., and has had a great response to it!

6. Somebody posted that they had purchased one of those Digital photo
frames and put their digital displays In it. I thought that was a
brilliant idea. They are kinda pricey, but I think they are
rechargeable... Can fit in a display case...

7. As mentioned before by an LMNETTER, get one of those photo frames,
put your display on a memory card, and slip it in to the frame!

8. What about a digital or video photo frame? Or a computer
designated specifically for this purpose? I'm thinking of the photo
frame option for use in the library here.