I have a clipboard which is labeled "Short Story of the Day".  Each day I clip in a
"55 fiction" story.  The stories must be 55 words or less, and usually pack a punch
at the end.  They can be found in the books The World's Shortest Stories and The
World's Shortest Stories of Love and Death, both edited by Steve Moss.  They can
also be found online by searching "55 fiction".  Not all are school appropriate,
and the quality of the ones online really varies, so I've had to accumulate an
assortment that will work.   I have many students who stop daily to check out the
short story.

Brenda Hahn, Librarian
Grades 5-12 Library
Dell Rapids Public School
Dell Rapids, SD 57022-1036
hahnbr@dellrapids.com
"You were born an original.  Don't die a copy."  John Mason