Dear Toni
Sorry to rain on your parade, but just looking at your list, and remembering that
you asked for
books that were films first and foremost (such as Star Wars and Star Trek) I would
argue that Tom
Sawyer, Black Beauty, Because of Winn-Dixie, The BFG, The Borrowers, The Black
Stallion, The Butter
Battle Book, Call of the Wild, Cat in the Hat, Chrysanthemum, Corduroy, Harry
Potter and almost
every other one of these in the list was a book BEFORE it was a film.  Just
comparing publication
dates shows that.

There may be books of the film or television series using the illustrations or
storylines of the
animated versions, but the original books came first and were adapted.

Another example of a film that became a book (and illustrated with stills from the
movie) would be
ET and possibly High School Musical - if it isn't already, it will be soon..  My
suggestion would be
to look at the really hot movies (especially those with sequels) over the last 20
years and then
look for books that came as spin-offs.  Raiders of the Lost Ark comes to mind - I'm
sure we had
print versions of those stories in our library.

Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian
COOMA NSW 2630