Friends and colleagues,

I am forwarding this message to the group on behalf of one of our members
who wishes to remain anonymous.  I realize this is a departure from our
strictly-enforced signature policy.  But as you can see from the details
below, our colleague is concerned about the fate of his position, and as all
LM_NET posts are publicly viewable on the web, his message could cause
difficultly for him during a time when his job may well be at risk.

If we had not granted this member anonymnity, it is likely this post would
not have been made, and our moderation team feels this topic is too
important and will become even more important as more of our members find
their own schools in a similar position.   Please direct your comments to
me.  I will compile them, remove identification, and share back to the group
as a HIT.