Hi friends,

I have an English teacher who will be instructing a junior class of students who
are lower level learners. . . a few ESL, some could be special ed, and some will be
students in foster care or the local boys' & girls' homes.  So she'd like something
high interest--could be a novel or biography--without a vocabulary that's too
challenging.

We talked about Chris Crutcher, but three of his novels are already taught here, as
is Watsons Go to Birmingham and Tuesdays with Morrie.  I tossed out Touching Spirit
Bear, and she's thinking about that.

Any great suggestions?  I've done a little looking in the archives, but I haven't
found anything that jumps out at me.

Thanks for anything you share,

Emily Mulch, librarian
Great Bend High School
Great Bend, KS
emily.mulch@usd428.net

Emily, the Library Goddess
It's great to be a Great Bend High Panther!