Dear Lora,

One of the best sites for information about countries of the world for middle
school students is the site :  Countries of the World (based on the Cia World
Factbook) : http://www.theodora.com/wfb/abc_world_fact_book.html .

Each country entry has an "International Issues" link.

Three other good resources are the Library of Congress' Country Studies (
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/cshome.html ), the U.S. State Department's
Background Notes site ( http:http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/ ) , and InfoNation (
my favorite ) at http://www.cyberschoolbus.un.org/infonation/index.asp. .

My site, the Virtual Learning Resources Center, http://www.virtuallrc.com, also
makes available links to this type of information. Just visit the site, select
'Geograpgy' from the pull-down menu and search for 'countries'.
The top hit should provide a lot of information.

Hope this helps you some.

Sincerely,

Michael Bell
Former Chair, Texas Association of School Librarians
drmichaelbell@hotmail.com
Retired school and university librarian
webmaster at http://www.virtuallrc.com
webmaster at http://magbot.virtuallrc.com