For others who might be interested, I thought I'd post this to the
list so that those who are starting back in August can use it:

If you're looking for a great resource to survey or test student
Information Literacy skills, you might want to use Kent State's TRAILS
program.  It's free and after testing you can immediately locate the
levels of instruction that are needed for each student and / or each
class.  (I'd give a pre-test at the beginning of the year and then a
post-test next Spring to see how they progressed!  It's a great way to
show how the library impacted student achievement in the areas of
Information Literacy!)

Take some time to investigate the program, learn how it can be used,
and enroll your students. (Please note that the site won't be ready
for use until AUGUST 18th, but you can still examine how it works!)
It's an awesome program that has become invaluable to many of us!

To locate the resource online, go to:

http://www.trails-9.org/

Have a great school year!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Curriculum Materials Librarian

Resources for Texas School Librarians:
http://txschoollibrarians.ning.com/
http://txschoollibrarians.wikispaces.com/

"Digital Resources" columnist
School Library Journal

Have fun with one of my favorite music sites-- GrooveShark!
http://listen.grooveshark.com/song/Love_Song/3035248