I want to thank everyone who responded to my problems with my old Windows XP
computer. I had to have some surgery and there were a few odd problems afterwards.
That's why I haven't gotten back to anyone. Both me and my PC were out of
commission for a while.

I haven't the expertise to work on it myself, and all attempt were making it worse
until it no longer functioned at all. It kept freezing the moment you tried to open
a browser, word, anything.

I solved the problem by buying a new computer. So, I'm getting to know Vista now.
It's not as horrible as I'd heard.

I took the old one into Best Buy's Geek Squad and they added a memory card, cleaned
it up and got it working again, so all my old documents are now available to me. It
cost me $300 to get it running again, but I was tired of messing with it. It was
worth it to get my documents back.

I set that one up in the basement family room with the "free" ink jet printer I got
with my new one. I no longer use it for internet, but it's great for word
processing and printing. It'll come in handy for my daughter when her next college
semester starts up, or for me with my story writing.

Thanks again for all the advice, I tried, but I'm a lost cause when it comes to
computers.

DawnMarie Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH
yayagoddess@sbcglobal.net.omit.this
Check out my Harry Potter Fan Fiction at:
http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=85308