From: School Library Media & Network Communications on behalf of Naomi Bates
Sent: Thu 8/7/2008 9:39 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: An excellent website to create yourself online!

I've been doing library web 2.0 and booktalking workshops this summer
all over Texas, and one part of it was creating an avatar of yourself to
put on web 2.0 applications.  I was showing them the one I use, and
someone (I forgot her name!) in Ft. Worth mentioned this website to me.
It's AMAZING!!!  I created one on my blog that you can preview - and do
I look GOOD online!  hehe.  It can be found at:
www.naomibates.blogspot.com.
The website to create this avatar, which speaks and moves, is:
www.voki.com.  Other things you can do with it is send it via email to a
friend as well as text it from phone to phone - completely free of
charge!

Enjoy : )

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library