Kinder, first, and second grade students at my school go to pe,
art,storytime and music for specials classes(while teachers have a planning
period).
First let me say the library is not in this rotation--I have  flexible scheduling
of all k-4 classes.

I just received an email from my principal telling me that one of my new
assignments this year will be to meet weekly with the paraprofessionals that are
doing storytime and art and to help plan the lessons for the week. (in the
past  we had a fantastic para that worked with the art classes in the morning
and in  the library in the afternoon...she would often pair the art with
something I was  doing in the library. Unfortunately she resigned). This year we
have
two new  paras doing the classes.

I am not sure when I am supposed to meet with them to plan so I thought to
begin with (I will be trying to have this changed) I would just coordinate the
two classes together.

I was thinking back to school as a theme....does anyone have any ideas they
are willing to share.?

Anna  Russell
Librarian
E.S. Thompson Elementary