Hello Michele, and our favorite Latin lurker, et al.,
no need to apologize for such an encouraging testimonial about Scholastic...

I agree wholeheartedly. . . and will add:
1 - Scholastic publishes their own items from time to time - they make a wonderful
elementary dictionary that I make sure to get multiple copies of for many
classrooms.
2 - Reading Counts! is a much more flexible, user friendly, and easy to administer
reading assessment program than Accelerated Reader ever was. . .

You have covered a wide array of purposes for creating and maintaining a full
bookfair agenda throughout the year. . . most of which any school librarian
should pursue for their own library, students, and parents... most excellent.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and encouraging others . . .
thanks for doing what you're doing on a daily basis for everyone associated with
your library. . . you're a good model and faithful to the librarianship goals and
objectives as I know them. . . keep on keepin' on  . . .

I fully understand that you don't need my appreciation, approval, or permission
to do what you do ... I just thought I would share my thoughts anyway.
Your brief summary of bookfairs is most excellent. . . and your
scheduling certainly does set a high standard for those equally interested in
providing opportunities for improved reading skills, a sense of ownership,
and personal library building. . . <whew - you cover a lot of ground each year>.

Until that time. . .  Earl J.