Hello librarians, student-librarians, veteran-librarians, and our favorite Latin
lurker, et al.,
some of you may know that I now work in an Army history office as photo
editor/archivist/librarian/chief-cook-and-bottle-washer . . .
most of you don't, and probably don't care much to boot. . .

To all, I have a special challenge to help us with our latest issue. . .
We're doing an issue on Che Guevara - those of you who remember him should probably
start thinking serious of retiring about now...  <grin>
our challenge - historical data from back-in-the-day ... specifically 1966-67.
As with most organizations, much of what we're looking for has been superseded by
newer material and the older material discarded... <sigh>
We're exhausted our local and regional libraries, archives, and repositories . . .
so I'm elevating our search to a global level.
* * *
Specifics for data sought for both the United States and Bolivia:
1 - we're looking for Jane's Defense publications for 1966-67;
2 - we're also looking for an issue of Military Balance 1966-67 ... (we're not sure
if they were even published that long ago);
3 - economic data for the U.S. and Bolivia ... to include:
a) GNP; b) GDP per capita; c) U.S. Foreign Aid to Bolivia in 1967; d) U.S. military
aid to Bolivia in 1967; e) population in 1967;
f) registered voters in 1967; g) life expectancy in 1967; and literacy rates in
1967.

Solution 1 - If you have any of these resources and are willing to part with them,
I'll send you a FedEx account number you can use to send
them to us, and we will return them the same way when we complete our research.
Solution 2 - If you would like to duplicate them for us and mail them to us, again,
we will send you a FedEx account for that purpose.
Solution 3 - If you want to scan the data for us and email them to me, feel free to
use my gmail account to bypass the size limitations
Solution 4 - If you have the reference notations for the data we seek, you may send
us those through the gmail account in Solution 3.
Solution 5 - If you find any of this sort of information online, feel free to send
us the URL links to the gmail account in Solution 3.

The historians have had the weekend as a head start on finding this information and
have turned to me as a last resort without
much hope of finding anything <you know those PhD types, they've learned so much
more about so much less, they often
think they know everything about everything and would no sooner ask a librarian
than a plumber for help> ...
so, with your help, I can stick a feather in our collective caps and call them
macaroni. . .  <grin>

I'll try to check my email tomorrow from work, but DoD has the computers so locked
down tight these days,
it's amazing we can get out to the Internet at all. . .  <sigh>

Thanks for the help . . . and thanks to Peter and Mike for their selfless service
over the years. . . much of what I do, who I am,
and where I've been is due to the friends I've made, experiences I've witnessed,
and interactions I've encountered right here
on LM_NET . . .  it's a great Internet resource not only for librarians, but for
inquisitive individuals and data-digging detectives
as well. . .

Peter, Mike U Dun Gud. . .!

Until that time. . .  Earl J.