Thanks to everyone who suggested Christmas books to read to Pre-K. I think
I can find something from this list, and I have some books to order for
next year!
Nancy

Bear stays up for Christmas / Karma Wilson
Olivia helps with Christmas / by Ian Falconer
McDuff's Christmas / Rosemary Wells
Morris's disappearing bag / Rosemary Wells - the video version of this is
really great - they love it!
Dream snow / Eric Carle.  - they love to guess what is under the snow and
push the button
Piper - The little engine that could
Butler - One snowy night
Various Sabuda books - popup and lift the flap always work
For Ks
Hooper, Meredith and Kitchen, Bert. Tom's rabbit : a surprise on the way
to Antarctica. Washington, D.C: National Geographic Society, [1998].

Polacco, Patricia. Uncle Vova's tree. New York: Philomel Books, [1989].

Polacco, Patricia. The trees of the dancing goats. 1st ed. New York:
Simon & Schuster, [1996].

Polacco, Patricia. Welcome Comfort. New York: Philomel Books, [1999].

Primavera, Elise. Auntie Claus. Orlando, FL: Harcourt Brace & Co,
[1999].

For Pre-K
Carle, Eric. Dream snow. New York: Philomwl Books, [2000].

Fox, Mem and Argent, Kerry. Wombat devine. New York: Scholastic, [1995].

Palatini, Margie and Egielski, Richard. Three French hens : a holiday
tale. New York: Hyperion Books for Children, [2005].

Wilder, Laura Ingalls and Graef, Renee. Christmas in the big woods. New
York: HarperCollins, [1995].
I know it’s an older title, but Christmas Crocodile by Becker was always a
hit with students during read-alouds.
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry, a relatively short picture
book that the kids will enjoy...and it is fun to read, too.
Alabaster's Song by Max Lucado (there is also a video of this story) and
one of my new favorites is A Small Miracle by Peter Collington.  It is a
wordless book (Christian, Nativity scenes) and if you have a document
camera and can project the pictuers, the children love to tell the story
themselves.

My all time favorite to read this time of year is Hershel and the
Hanukkah Goblins by Eric Kimmel, yes it is old, but these PK and K have
never heard it before.

Olivia helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer 2007
Little Whistle's Christmas by Cynthia Rylant 2003
My Library of Holidays Christmas/Navidad by Gillian Houghton 2004
Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner2005
N is for Navidad by Susan Middleton Elya 2007

Nancy Dickinson, Librarian
Hillsboro Elementary School
Hillsboro, TN 37342
dickinson1@k12tn.net