Oops, I hit "send" too fast.  The responses I missed are at the top (without the >
symbols).

> I had many requests for "hits" on this.  Here's what LM_netters said:
>
> ==========================

We had a big discussion in our state LMS listserv about whether or not
kids should bring in home copies, much less library copies. The consensus
was that kids can bring in books from home even if they are inappropriate
for that grade level, but that Twilight doesn't belong in an elementary
school library. Let the parents deal with that.-- Medfield, MA

We don't have it any of our elementary campuses and I don't have it at the 6th
grade campus. -- Waxahachie, TX

I have a K-12 library and have two copies of Twilight on hand (as well as the rest
of the books).  I have several 4th and 5th graders on the waiting list for the
book.  I don't think there's anything in Twilight that this age student hasn't seen
on Nick or the Disney Channel.  If you already have a copy, why not just give it a
try.  If the book is too hard, the kids will bring it back. -- Coppell, TX

We do not have Twilight in our elementary collection, nor do any of the media
centers in our very liberal, very anti-censorship county.  We have made the
decision to leave some series for our elementary students to look forward to in
middle school and/or high school, and the Twilight series is one of those.  I don't
think there's anything particularly "wrong" about putting the first book in an
elementary school (although many parents would not be crazy about the fact that
Bella has Edward staying in her room every night behind her Dad's back.)  But when
you have the first book of the series, then students want to know why you don't
have the second - fourth books of the series. To be honest, I really don't believe
the intended audience is elementary students.  The main characters are juniors in
high school, and I can't think of any other realistic fiction series we have in our
elementary school that features main characters in that age bracket. One of the
main themes is the p!
 assion
between the two main characters, and that theme really isn't one I'd be that
thrilled to add to my elementary collection.  --Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburbs)