From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Barbara Karp
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:19 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: HUMOR: Overdue books

Maybe I should try it!  Do you think it would work with the teachers as
well?

>From birth through third grade,You learn to read.From fourth grade through
the rest of your life,You read to learn.
"Books should go where they will be most appreciated, and not sit unread,
gathering dust on a forgotten shelf. . ." Christopher Paolini, Brisingr

Basya Karp, Librarian
Shulamith High School and Shulamith School For Girls
Brooklyn, NY
basyak10@hotmail.com

> Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:02:46 -0600> From: tigerlibrarian@GMAIL.COM>
Subject: HUMOR: Overdue books> To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU> > One student
has had a couple of books out since almost the first day of > school. I've
sent notices each week, and last week I sent a letter home. > Today he
spotted me processing some new books, and asked when they would > be ready.
I told him that if I didn't get any interruptions they would > be ready
within an hour. He left and immediately returned with his two > long-overdue
books! I suspect that they have been in his locker all this > time.> > I
guess I need to spread out the new books, so that new ones show up > each
week.> > > -- > David Lininger, kb0zke> MS/HS Librarian> Skyline MS/HS>
Urbana, MO 65767> (417) 993-4226> t i g e r l i b r a r i a n at g m a i l
dot c o m> >
--------------------------------------------------------------------> Please
note: All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.> You can prevent
most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings> by adding
LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.> To change your LM_NET
status, e-mail to: listserv@listserv.syr.edu> In the message write EITHER:
1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL> 3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET
DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.> * LM_NET Help & Information:
http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/> * LM_NET Archive:
http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/> * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select:
http://lm-net.info/> * LM_NET Supporters:
http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html> * LM_NET Wiki: