Colleagues,

Our district will be reorganizing all of our large high schools into
small learning communities.  Each high school will have 8 SLCs each with
a different focus.  How have other high schools adapted their school
libraries to fit in with this model?

It is our hope to create 21st century libraries that will meet the needs
of our very diverse student population.  I would very much like to hear
from schools that have model programs and perhaps even visit a few of
the libraries.   I am interested in learning more about the program,
technology, library design -  physical and virtual space, information
literacy, collaboration with teachers, collection development (online
resources vs. print) , staffing, best practices,  etc.  If any of you
have read Dr. Loertscher's new book, The New Learning Commons: Where
Learners Win!, we want to move in that direction.

Thank you,

Gene Menicucci

District Librarian

Stockton Unified School District

1503 St, Mark's Plaza, Suite C-4

Stockton, CA 95207

209-933-7030 x2310

gmenicucci@stockton.k12.ca.us

What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks
about education.
Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education