For Halloween, I promoted the appearance of "Dr. Terror" in our junior high media
center and had a wonderful response from the students.  I asked a local man who has
a wonderful and expressive low voice to come and read scary stories during lunch to
students who signed up.  The students brought a bag lunch and I provided drinks and
Halloween cupcakes.  I had to turn students away - the man had made an enticing
advertisement for me for the news show to advertise the event.

The art teacher loved it so much that she would like to collaborate and have her
art club donate some money each month and have more events.  So, I am asking you
for suggestions of a good holiday story to read (about 15 minutes) for this month.

Louise Jones
Hardee Junior High School
Wauchula, Fl
ljones@hardee.k12.fl.us