Dear Friends -
Happy Holidays!
I picked up the post below from Wired-MT, Montana's library listserve.
I thought some of you might be interested.

~ VAN
Diane Van Gorden, Librarian
Baker High School
Baker Middle School
PO Box 659
Baker, MT  59313-0659

voice 406-778-3329
fax 406-778-2785
email: vangordend @ baker.k12.mt.us

books.  cats.  quilts.  life is good!

------------Original Message forwarded from Wired-MT ----------------

How neat!  Read about Better World Books and their gratefulness for
libraries.

A new life for used books

In just five years, three college buddies from Notre Dame turned their
used textbook e-tailing site into a $21 million company with 200
employees. But Better World Books isn't just about profits. By
partnering with libraries across the country, the company has donated
some $5.5 million to literacy and education causes, diverted thousands
of books from landfills and purchased 2,400 tons of carbon offsets.
Authors Christopher Gergen and Gregg Vanourek say Better World
exemplifies the "triple bottom line," boosting people, planet and
profits at the same time. HarvardBusiness.org/Leading a Life blog
(12/19)

http://discussionleader.hbsp.com/gergen-vanourek/2008/12/the-triple-bott
om-line-one-boo.html

(We are participants for BWB, ever since I saw their booth at Medical
Library Association in 2006.  They truly do cover all the costs of
shipping, right down to providing the boxes too.)

HS

Heidi Sue Adams, MS, AHIP     Medical Librarian
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - Medical Library
310 Sunnyview Lane   Kalispell MT  59901
406-752-1739 (voice)  406-752-8771 (fax)
hadams@krmc.org  (DOCLINE: MTUKRH)