Sorry to respond to the entire group, but my email bounced back from
Dominique.

We have it in our district and I use it quite a bit with our students. I
have not updated our print sets since 2000 and we use the online version
most of the time. I'm not even teaching much of the print version anymore as
the online is available to all of our students who have Internet service and
we print the articles out for students who don't have Internet at home.

I recommend it to you.  Barb

On Feb 1, 2008 4:19 AM, Dominique Collins <Dominique.Collins@hppc.co.uk>
wrote:

> Does anyone have World Book Online in their library?  Does it get used?
> Do you have print and online, print, or online only?
>
> Basically I am wondering whether to continue with online when we have
> the print version.
>
> All thoughts gratefully appreciated.
>
> If people are interested I will post a summary to the list.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dominique Collins
> Head of LRC
> Hurstpierpoint College
> College Lane
> Hassocks
> West Sussex
> BN6 9JS
> Tel: +44 (0)1273 833636 (switch)
> Fax: +44 (0)1273835257
> http://www.hppc.co.uk

> Hurstpierpoint College Ltd.
> Registered in England No. 3779893
> Registered Charity No. 1076498

>  You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>  by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
>  3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
>  * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
>  * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm-net.info/
>  * LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html
>  * LM_NET Wiki: http://lmnet.wikispaces.com/

"Librarian. Genetically predisposed to answer questions and correct
misconceptions - whether asked or not." 2 01 2007

Barbara Fritz
Elementary Librarian
Bloomsburg Area School District
Bloomsburg PA