We just received a large number of solicitations from The United States
Achievement Academy addressed to our students.  No one here nominated
any of our students so I guess they got the names from the local
newspaper.  If you read the literature careful they admit that they get
names in this manner.  I resent this company using us to solicit our
students for a 'vanity publication' that keeps saying how "rare it is."
We received letters for students that are failing!

My grandson came home from O'Donnell in Dallas with one of these.  Since
it "came from school" his mom thought the school had nominated him...she
fell for it and ordered two books because she thought it was a real
honor.  She thinks he has a good chance at a scholarship because of this
and I don't know how to tell her without breaking her heart.  This area
is very low income and they really can't afford to pay $104.95 for two
books.

Please let you teachers know about this.  There have been complaints to
the Better Business Bureau, but nothing can really be done because what
they are doing is not illegal...just misleading.  And the fact that they
are using schools and teachers to solicit for them just burns me up!

Laurie Ward

Librarian/Library Coordinator

Bessie Coleman Middle School

W.S. Permenter Middle School