I need some advice from anyone who can tell me pro's and/or cons of purchasing a
$300 television set for all classrooms, or however many lcd projectors we can
afford for the building. What do I need to consider before making the decision?
What would you do? I'll compile all your ideas and submit them to my principal as
well as to the listserv.

I'm thinking:
lcd's would provide a clearer picture, especially with text; smaller so they take
up less space; bulb replacement is horribly expensive but how often are they
actually replaced? mounting, for our system, costs $650 a piece so they would have
to sit somewhere and kids could (and have) trip over the cables

tv's on the other hand, would also require the purchase of carts and straps because
they won't mount them. We are already overcrowded so there isn't any extra room
anywhere in the classrooms or in the library for storage, at $300 a piece we're not
going to be able to purchase anything spectacular and actual picture size will be
much smaller, cheaper so we could buy more, won't need any replacement parts
anytime soon

Thank you so much for your help!

Linda Wunderlin, Librarian
New Haven Middle School