One of our teachers received an email about a free program called Adopt-an-Author:

"My name is Barbara Becker and I am a coordinator at Adopt-An-Author, a FREE
non-profit nationwide reading program achieving unprecedented success in exciting
middle and high school students about reading. The program, originally started by
teachers back in 1999, combines fast-paced, best-selling thrillers that immediately
hook young adults, then adds interactive websites AND direct contact with our
authors to make for a unique and exciting reading experience that entices even the
most reluctant readers to read. Adopt-An-Author is now being utilized as part of
middle and high school curriculua in over 8,000 schools nationwide, with more
classrooms being added every day."

Does anyone have any experience with this program?  Is it legitimate, helpful, etc?
 Any comments will be appreciated.

Jenny Flores
Librarian
Estacado High School