Clear DayGood morning!

Here are the rest of the answers dealing with cataloguing Magic School Bus with
various authors.  I appreciate everyone's input!

Thanks again everyone and have a super day!

Serena

One could label them E MAG under the title.  I keep all the magic school
bus books in a separate display to make it simple for children to find.  I
also keep the Marc Brown "Arthur" books together even if written by
Krensky.  Same for Dr. Seuss, Le Seig, and American Girl.  It is more
important to me to help students locate the books.

We put them as E COL---you have to do what works for your students (grin
here--this is where the teacher part comes in as per discussion lately
on LM_Net).

When faced with series by different authors, I have sometimes opted to list them by
the series title instead of the author name, e.g., E Mag instead of E Col.  Our
Magic School Bus books are filed in with non-fiction by topic b/c more of our
readers want to browse by section--"Show me the books about animals", "Show me the
books about weather."  Thanks for posting this.

Good morning,
I have a preK - 2nd media center and I have that problem with a good number
of books.  For instance, Curious George is now licensed out and other
authors write these stories too.  So.....what I do with Magic School Bus, is
I put them in a more central area, ALL together. I don't bother changing
their call number.  Now, with Curious George, Scoobie Doo, Dora, Diego,
Clifford, Strawberry Shortcake, Batman, Spiderman, etc.  I redo the call
numbers.  Curious George, I put under Rey, but others like Dora, I put under
DOR.  With my kids, it is hard enough for them finding the REY for George
without looking hither and yon for the various authors.
This is just works for us and it makes sense to me.....

I do E MAG to avoid the author conflict