Hello, colleagues, and Happy New Year,

The art teacher and I have done collaborative units in the past and want to
do another - different one.  We have no common planning time with teachers -
surprise - but do with each other.  I rode to work with a 5th grade teacher
and asked for ideas - take it where you can.  Immigration and Ellis Island
are biggies with the whole fifth grade, so we did some brainstorming and
came up with interviewing families or other trusted adults about family
history and then creating family - or friend - trees.  I would like to flesh
this out some more and wondered if anyone had really good sites for
immigration, genealogy, or other related subject matter.  I found a few but
they are not too kid friendly.  Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.
I will naturally share the final ideas and brainstorming if you wish.

Thanks in advance, Barbara

Barbara Wall
Teacher-Librarian
Krieger Elementary School
Poughkeepsie, NY

bawall@northnet.org
bwall@poughkeepsieschools.org
"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
Lyndon B. Johnson

minds."  Albert Einstein

" No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."   Eleanor
Roosevelt