Help!

The Dell computers in my library are all hooked up to a server (which I have
access to).  When they were set up (not by me), the student login was set up
to keep students from doing certain things. This includes going into
Properties from the desktop (right-clicking on the desktop) and changing the
background of the desktop.

Students have gotten around this and now I have some pretty bizarre (and
worse!) images on the desktop. Sometimes they are doing it from an image and
sometimes they create something in Paint and then "post" it as the
background.  I need to change the background back to something more
befitting a school.

When I'm in the student login, I can't change it back (see above) -- when I
go into adminstrator (on the computer) I don't see that desktop image.  I
tried to find something on the server that would "unblock' this feature so I
can fix it -- that is, "fixing" it so that I can change the desktop back and
then "blocking" it again.  I realize that this would only be a very
temporary measure as they will continue to do this, until I purchase one of
those programs that resets everything at the end of the day.

My questions:
How are they able to do this? (When I try to do it from an image, the "set
as background" option is not available).  If I know this, at least I can
choose a more appropriate background :-)

Where would the security setup be that restricts a student account
(including going into Properties from the desktop (right-clicking on the
desktop) and changing the background of the desktop)  I am assuming that
this is on the server (which is running Windows 2003 Server)

--
Rena Deutsch, Librarian
Seward Park Campus Schools