Just to keep you from going insane with this question, I checked the
"movie goofs" information and it does state what we (from Oklahoma)
already knew....they didn't play full court girls basketball in the
1960's.  Here's the link to the movie goof:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419491/goofs

Also, if you check Amazon, you'll find a book entitled:  "From
Six-on-Six to Full-Court Press: A Century of Iowa Girls Basketball by
Janice A. Beren.  (take a look inside the book using the search:
"beginning of full court basketball")  You can also search for "Title
IX" and find references to the end of six-player girls basketball
based upon lawsuits filed during that same time period (also
1993-1995).

On page 103, it describes the end of 6-player girls basketball in
1993-1994 (February 3, 1993).

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS
District Librarian

Currently reading:  "Tested: One American School Struggles to Make the
Grade" by Linda Perlstein

Digital Bookends wiki / blog:
http://digitalbookends.pbwiki.com
http://shonda.edublogs.org/