> On 1/4/08, *David Lininger* <tss003@tnp.more.net
> <mailto:tss003@tnp.more.net>> wrote:
>
>     Two of my teachers have come to me asking about the same book. The
>     title, as best they can remember it, is _A Christmas Story_ and was
>     written by a fairly local author. Neither teacher has actually seen the
>     book, which is part of the problem. They think that it mentions Buffalo,
>     Missouri. A quick check of Amazon came up with 17,000 hits, so
>     obviously
>     that isn't going to be much help.

I found the title! _A Christmas Story_ is actually _Christmas in My
Heart_ by Catherine Palmer, and was published in 2004. The story was in
the Buffalo Reflex in 2005!

Several of you suggested that I check a local bookstore. That would be a
good place to go if we actually had such a thing. I did manage to get a
response from the newspaper, though, and they came up with the answer
very quickly.

One person wondered if maybe the city was wrong, since they knew of a
similar book set in Billings, Montana.

Thanks to all who helped me in my search.

--
David Lininger, kb0zke
MS/HS Librarian