Original Target Message:
My school district has an annual Community Read Aloud day in February. I am looking
for suggested titles that might interest students in grades 3-6. The book must be a
picture book and have a 2007 copyright. I would really appreciate any ideas you
might have. Please send recommended titles to me and I will compile and publish a
HIT of all the replies received.

Read Aloud books for Grades 3-6
Gr. 3 Big Bad Wolves at School by Stephen Krensky
Gr. 4 Bad Dog, Marley! By John Grogan
Gr. 5 Henry’s Freedom Box by Ellen Levine
Gr. 6 Knut: How One Polar Bear Captivated the World –told by Julianna, Isabella,
and Craig Hatkoff
Other titles considered
Casey Back at Bat by Dan Gutman
Ghost Ship by Mary Higgins Clark
Swift by Robert Blake
Nothing But Trouble - the Story of Althea Gibson by Sue Stauffcher
Anna and Natalie by Barbara Cole
Lemonade Club by Patricia Polacco

The first four books were the ones selected by the committee for each grade level.
Other titles that were recommended and reviewed by the committee are listed below.
Thank you to all who contributed suggestions.

Marjorie Pettersen
East School
215 Hogan Drive
Torrington, CT 06790