Fellow Destiny users or IE gurus,

We upgraded to Follett's Destiny in November and for the most part are
pleased with the product.  However, I'm still troubleshooting some
problems.

We are functioning fine in the Firefox browser.

However, one problem that we have is with Internet Explorer.  On
machines that were re-imaged in our district this past summer, trying to
click on the catalog tab when the browser opens to Destiny, produces an
error message that tells the user they have to login.  This is not true,
as we have the guest ID active without a login name and it is working
correctly when we go through Firefox.

In IE after you get the error message, if you click the back button and
then try catalog a second time, it goes in.  As you can imagine, I can't
teach users to do that.  I'm trying to teach them to use Firefox, but
many people just prefer IE or don't even understand what a browser is,
so when you suggest changing browsers, they just sort of get that deer
in the headlights look.    ;-)

My office computer was skipped in last summer's re-imaging, so my IE is
working fine with it.  IE from home is working fine with it.  Follett
has not been able to give me any guidance as to what setting in our
image of IE might be causing this problem.

So, I come to you...any ideas?  We are able to exchange cookies, so I
don't think that's the setting.  I don't know a lot about IE but if you
give me ideas, I'll run them past our district tech guys.  They have too
much on their plates to devote much time to this problem.  (especially
since we have access through Firefox)

We still have some speed issues with scanning so I would love to see if
switching to the IE browser helps with that, but at this point, we can't
really test it.

Thanks in advance for your ideas,
Christine

Christine Findlay, CRC Director