For "classics" such as this and many others like Bartlett's Quotations,
Roget's Thesaurus, etc., the original author is used in the 100 field as the
main entry. I'm not sure which rule applies but that's case with the record
I'm getting from Alliance Plus. On the other hand Sears List of Subject
Headings has Sears, Minnie as an added (700) entry!? Rules--what rules?
Tom Kaun

On Jan 9, 2008 10:10 AM, Joanne Taylor <jtaylor@elginisd.net> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I have gotten some great answers to my question about The Concise New
> Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. Most would
> catalog it as REF 427 CON.  BUT...
>
> I just looked again at my marc info and I saw that they had Eric
> Partridge as the author. I looked at the book and he is named as the
> author on the copy right page but not on the title page. So now what?
> Can you use the copy right page for the statement of responsibility?
>

> Joanne Taylor/ Librarian
> Elgin High Library, Elgin, Texas 512-281-9874
>
> jtaylor@elginisd.net
>
> jotaylor@echorim.com
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, contains
> information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
> intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If
> you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
> by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies
> of the communication, including attachments.

>  You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>  by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
>  3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
>  * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
>  * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm-net.info/
>  * LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html