Somehow I missed the original post...but was able to catch it in a response.
As the only male librarian in our school system for the past 19 years, I've
never felt that I was asked to do anything library-related because I was a
male.  Even if I was a female, teachers for the most part are afraid they will
break something or mess something up...and they would call the person in the
school who they feel would be the most helpful.  I've "fixed" cassette players
that just needed to be taken off of pause, reprogrammed TV's that had "lost"
their channels, wiggled and jiggled and assortment of cables...all to be praised
at my talents in "fixing" such things.  Do I enjoy it...no.  Do I gripe about
it later to myself...yes...  Would I stop...no...ha...  I am fortunate that we
have someone who mans the computer lab (he's a guy too) and he has helped
aleviate a lot of the computer-related questions.  We also have system tech.
person who visits us each Monday.  He (the system tech) does get upset because he
is accosted as soon as he enters the door...and many times he is hounded by
teachers and staff about home-related issues.

The only times I'd say I've felt like being stepped on is when I had a close
friend who called or e-mailed me twice at home to schedule her library class!
I do not make it a habit of bringing my schedule book home with me and nipped
that in the bud rather quickly.  I'd say my "man issue" is that I am called
on to lift down boxes that are too heavy for classroom teachers who have stored
things up high.  Also to help the PE teacher (along with the other men in our
small school) to help move equipment for her.  This usually happens on
planning day and I've been in situations where I was called upon by several
teachers
to do this in one day!  I was furious to say the least because it cut into
things I was trying to get done.  Of course these were the same ones who were
through with their stuff and allowed to leave early while I was still working on
my stuff and staying late on planning day.  I just try to smile...ha...

Best wishes to you wall!

Tony Pope
McHenry Primary School
100 McHenry Dr.