From: librarychickie <yasumani@VERIZON.NET>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:09:01 -0800
Subject: [LM_NET] FYI Steve Jobs NYT 1/15 /08

Forgive me if this was posted:

  When discussing new technologies he made this reference to Amazons Kindle
book reader.

  "Today he had a wide range of observations on the industry, including the
Amazon Kindle book reader, which he said would go nowhere largely because
Americans have stopped reading.
  “It doesn’t matter how good or bad the product is, the fact is that
people don’t read anymore,” he said. “Forty percent of the people in
the U.S. read one book or less last year. The whole conception is flawed at
the top because people don’t read anymore.”

"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus - Greek-born, Roman
slave/philosopher (55 AD - 135 AD)

  Kristina Politis Fallon, LMS
  Robert Morris School
  South Bound Brook NJ