As always you have been generous with your time and comments. All
contributions are availabe at my blog, http://drmabell.blogspot.com/

Here are some summary remarks. If you have not commented and would like to
do so, I would still love to hear from you!

I had a lot of fun learning what other people term must-haves in the
following categories:

   - Hardware/gadget
   - Application/software
   - Web 2.0 service/application

I also learned some things. One of the most striking things I noticed was
that many people who responded via email after I posted to listservs
remarked that they were not using Web 2.0 resources, or not much. Because
they are such a big part of my present work and experience, it this was
something of a surprise though that should not have been the case. Far too
many K-12 educators have no access at work due to Draconian filtering
parameters. Also, many folks are hard pressed to find time to experiment
with new things because of heavy schedules, lack of support such as library
aides, and mountains of paperwork. Those who did say they had dipped into
social networking, mostly mentioned blogs that they followed and in some
cases that they were writing.

Another interesting thing was the range of gadgets that were mentioned. I
had everything from TV to the George Foreman grill named as favorite device!
The two mentioned most often were the cell phone and flash drives. It was
interesting how many people really must have the little drives, and helped
me remember how important they were to me in the past. Now I store most
things online and thus use them less.

Regarding applications, several librarians mentioned their library
automation, causing me to remember how essential this was in my previous
life as a junior high librarian.

Again, thanks and best wishes, mabell
--

"Try Curiosity!"--Dorothy Parker