Good morning, everyone.

I am retiring from my job in Holbrook, Arizona, at the end of this
school year. My position is full time, half at the high school and half
at the junior high school. I receive an extra duty stipend for being the
district library/media services coordinator. We have five schools:  a
high school with about 750 students, a junior high with 350 students,
and three elementary schools, one on the Navajo reservation.

Our base pay is $33,000 with a completely paid insurance benefit package
($8,000),  and vestment in the AZ retirement system after five years;
however, our district offers many opportunities to earn extra money
including $1200-$1500 performance pay, four $300 staff development
Saturdays, extra duty and coaching opportunities, discounted district
childcare, $1200 perfect attendance stipend, 10 sick/personal days
up-front, and first year faculty earn $500 for up to four days of
initial orientation and training.  Special ed, math, and science
teachers and teachers who are willing to go to our reservation
elementary school receive extra pay as well.

Holbrook is on the often-traveled old Route 66, I-40, so many of you may
have stopped here to use facilities. It isn't a particularly pretty
place, but it is improving, and it is filled with wonderful people. We
just built and opened a beautiful performing arts center; the grand
opening performance was held Saturday night.  There isn't much in
Holbrook, but it is close to lots of interesting, beautiful places. It
is also an excellent opportunity to learn about Navajo culture and to
see the beautiful Navajo Nation.

If you want more information, you may e-mail me or call the number
below, and I'll happily answer questions. Our website address is
www.holbrook.k12.az.us <http://www.holbrook.k12.az.us/> . Our personnel
manager, one of the nicest people in Holbrook, is Brenda. Her address
and phone number are on the web page. My position isn't listed yet but
will be very soon. I promise you, you could do much worse than Holbrook!

Marilyn

"Speaking personally, you can have my gun, but you'll take my book when
you pry my cold fingers off of the binding." Stephen King

Marilyn L. Johnson

Library/Media Services Coordinator

Holbrook Unified School District #3

POB 640

Holbrook AZ 86025

mjohns@holbrook.k12.az.us

HHS  524-2815 x7011

HJHS 524-3959 x6009

http://www.holbrook.k12.az.us/

Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the addressee. The information
may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. This transmission is
sent for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you
have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction, or
dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

E-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
SS 2510-2521 and is legally privileged.