I label my discards "Classroom Collection", put the label over the barcode, and put
them on the assigned shelves for teachers to raid.  They love it, and I don't have
to throw away books!

Paula

Director of the Library
St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School
Coral Gables, FL 33156

>>> Sharon Slaney <sslaney@LAKELAND272.ORG> 1/24/2008 1:02 PM >>>
I discarded about 150 books recently.  I put them on a table in the
adjoining computer lab.  I put up signs and advertised via the daily
bulletin.  In about two weeks most were gone.  I found students kept
checking back and asking if I had more books to give away, so I left the
table up and anytime I have books to discard I put them on the table.
It is an effortless way to get rid of the books.  My "Discard Book"
table has been a real hit.  Also, our Art teacher takes some of them to
do "altered book" art projects.

Sharon Slaney, Librarian

Timberlake H.S. Library

5973 W. Hwy 54