The Problem:
At seemingly random times, on a variety of computers, regardless of user, AR TOPS
reports will not print when a student finishes a quiz.  Sometimes it is one or two
per day, sometimes it is a dozen or more.  I am certain that it is not always user
error (kid closing the browser before the report is generated) because I have
watched it happen.

I respondent had exactly the same problem and several had similar issues.  Several
people offered sensible suggestions.

What I have done:
-Checked the printer set-up:  The computers we usually use for AR testing use
direct IP printing so the print jobs do not go through a server print queue.  There
are no other printer problems on those machines--everything works fine.  The
problem also occurs on machines using queue-based printers.
-Updated all relevant software and operating system: Each machine meets the
Renaissance Learning specs and we have all of the latest Windows security updates
and the latest version of Adobe.  I have even tried placing Adobe Reader in the
Start-Up folder to make sure it is running before the kids begin testing.

Results:
The problem still occurs as frequently as ever.  I will be calling Renaissance
Learning again.

Tony Doyle, Teacher Librarian
Member California Young Reader Medal Committee
Livingston High School
Livingston, CA
tdoyle@MUHSD.K12.CA.US
Http://www.lhswolves.org/library/index.htm
Http://lhsblog.edublogs.org <http://lhsblog.edublogs.org/>
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture; you just have to get people to
stop reading them."
Ray Bradbury

WARNING: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are intended only for the
recipient(s) identified in the To and CC fields.  Comments made herein do not
represent the opinions or positions of the Merced Union High School District, only
the (sometimes uninformed) opinions of the sender.  This message is protected by
copyright law, an alarm, a guard dog, a video surveillance system, and powerful
magic.  If you are somehow offended by this message don't feel obligated to notify
the sender of your outrage/anger/hurt feelings.  Just delete it.  It was probably
just a typo anyway.  Remember: don't e-mail in anger. If you are forwarding this
message to others, stop and think, is this message really so interesting that you
want to bother other people with it?  I mean really, is the content of this message
so profound that it bears repeating?  The author is given to long-winded ramblings
and everyone I know gets enough of that in their inboxes already.  Sure, he's
handsome, funny, and a great cook (and modest to a fault), but that doesn't mean
everyone wants to read his e-mails.