I posted last night on behalf of a friend who had been working with Google
Docs and then discovered that all subsequent email attachments were
automatically opening in Google Docs instead of Word. She wanted to fix
this, and as you might expect I had some great responses in a short time.
Thanks to all who shared! Here is one that is worded especially well:

Good morning. Maybe you've already gotten an answer on this. If not,
open up My Computer, click on Tools->Folder Options. Click the File
Types tab. It'll take a few seconds to populate the list. Then scroll
down to DOC, click on it, and then click the "Change" button below. Word
should be in the list of options. She might need to make the change for
the several iterations of Word docs.

Again, thanks, Mary Ann

--

"Try Curiosity!"--Dorothy Parker