Hello,
I'm a brand new librarian in Montana, and have the job of automating
the library this summer. However, I just found out the program I
wanted to join up with has a lengthy application process that needed
to start last June, and even then I can't even begin it until Jan.
2009. My school has planned and budgeted to do all this this summer
(before I got there...and obviously no one got this far in the process
to find out there was a deadline!). So, I wonder if anyone else out
there has automated a collection recently...we'll have to start
completely from scratch...and if you have any recommendations for
companies to go with. I was planning to join the Montana Shared
Catalog, which houses its server in Helena, which my administrators
liked because they didn't like the idea of having the server in-house.
I've never done this before...I'm really "just" an English teacher
wearing 2-3 hats right now, but I want to do a good job and make this
library something the kids can actually use. Any advice is
appreciated! Thanks.

--
Meagan Newberry, Librarian
West Yellowstone School