Here is the HIT for Note taking.  I waited for a while, in hopes that more
people would send me information.   I would still love to hear from anyone
with advice for note taking.

Original request:

I will be starting to teach note taking and MLA bibliographies to my 6th
-8th graders in the next week or two.  I am an elementary teacher by
training and the last group of students I taught note taking to were 3rd
graders.  While I truly enjoy teaching MS students, some of my lessons have
been a little juvenile.  Any advice, suggestions, lesson examples, handouts
or ideas would be greatly appreciated.   The students must take class notes
with the Cornell format, so a way to incorporate that would be awesome.

Response:

There is extensive help in this area on our website Educational Hotlinks for
Middle School People. Look in the Information Literacy and Study Skills
section.

URL is http://tinyurl.com/l5xst

Angela Symes, Librarian

Hudson International Studies Magnet School

Long Beach, CA

angela@symes.tv

~*~*~*~   Ancora imparo  ~*~*~*~