Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for realistic fiction for 7th
grade boys.  I was happy to see a lot of titles mentioned that we already have in
our curriculum or on our 6th grade battle list.  This is a special group of boys -
so I really appreciate your suggestions.  A number of people recommended Peak and
Red Kayak - so I think I'll read those books this summer.

Here's a list of the books suggested.

Touching Spirit Bear
Things Not SeenWringer.
LAWN BOY by Paulsen
 and THE WEDNESDAY WARS by Schmidt
Red Kayak
 Gold Dust
 The Graduation of Jake Moon?
 Son of the Mob
 No More Dead Dogs
The Black Duck
My Side of the Mountain.
 The Teacher's Funeral by Richard Peck
Taking Sides by Gary Soto
Monster or Fallen Angles by Walter Dean Myers
would be good if they have higher level thinking.
Try Full Service by Will Weaver
Zen and the Art of Faking It by Jordan Sonnenblick
Eric Walters -- everything
John Marsden -- Tomorrow when the war began (series)
Kenneth Oppel -- everything
Carl Hiassen - Flush, Hoot
How about Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick?
 The Contender by Robert Lipsyte.
Crash, by Jerry Spinelli
Alabama Moon, by Watt Key
Tears of a Tiger, by Sharon Draper